Northern Pulp Nova Scotia is committed to achieving excellence in environmental management for its pulping operations.
Improving environmental performance is a priority and will be achieved by implementing and maintaining good environmental practices. We recognize that the long-term future of our Company and local communities depends on the performance of our operations and care of the environment.
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations, and other legal requirements;
- Exercise environmental due diligence by ensuring that the environmental aspects and impacts associated with pulping, utilities and associated operations at facilities located at Abercrombie Point and Boat Harbour are identified, assessed and managed to minimize impact;
- Consider future environmental impacts of contemplated changes to our manufacturing processes;
- Encourage and maintain the involvement, training, participation and full engagement of our employees, to ensure full compliance with our environmental policy;
- Communicate in a transparent and open manner with our employees, contractors and stakeholders;
- Set objectives and targets and review performance annually;
- Commit to continuous environmental improvement leading to a reduced environmental footprint.
Bruce Chapman, General Manager